We are entirely dependent upon God for our support. We believe God moves people to give. We do expect our members to give.
We seek to create an environment where our members can experience growth in their faith life through trusting the Lord with their finances and giving. We seek to avoid legalism in regards to giving and we acknowledge that talk about money can keep some people from coming to church or hearing the Gospel.
We encourage our members to understand that how they handle their money is also something that should be influenced by what they believe. We will have regular classes to teach people how to handle their money in a godly way.
We will seek to find ways to incorporate biblical teachings on the stewardship of money as we teach the congregation. We will seek to find ways of talking about how money can be used to further God's ministry at Zion without making money the ministry.
We believe that the desire to give comes from hearts that have been changed by Christ.
We seek a Biblical Understanding
Giving cheerfully and sacrificially of our finances is part of our worship. A believer labors not to accrue personal wealth or possessions, but to steward God's resources and model Jesus to our brothers, sisters, and community.
Our work is an effort to serve our Father in all things, and one of the primary ways we serve God is by cheerfully giving God our “first fruits” (2 Corinthians 9:7; Proverbs 3:9). We call our members to give, not by meeting some obligatory percentage, but gladly sacrificing for the sake of the gospel because Jesus sacrificed for us, and all we have is His.
We thank those who have helped us meet these needs and pray that all Zion members would join in faithful, consistent, godly giving as Scripture instructs.
- Pays the salaries of those who preach and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pays for the building we use for nearly all our services and classes and activities. It is the place where people come to encounter Christ.
- Pays for the water and gas we use to cook meals for Wednesday night activities and for the lights to be on so we can have evening classes and meetings.
- Covers the cost of technology used to worship God and communicate God’s message.
- Pays for the curriculum we use in our classes for kids and adults.
- Helps underwrite Bible camp scholarships and youth trips.
- Helps Zion financially support other ministries around town and around the world.
- Helps Zion to help our community members facing difficult times.
If you would like to give to this ministry, please click the CONTRIBUTE button to the right --->